Turn your backyard into a bird feeding sanctuary and discover tranquility in your backyard.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back from the big city..

Had a business trip that took me to Toronto this week.  My husband and I used to live in the GTA some years ago when we were both yuppies chasing the dream.  It was nice to go back and visit the area.  I realize that I miss the culture and excitement that goes with a larger center.. we even managed to catch the Korean Harvest Festival and the Ukrainian Festival while we were there.  Yes I do enjoy the action and diversity of Toronto and I miss it.

However, I have to say that I think that I may have extended my life by moving back to a small town and working in the countryside.  That traffic on the 401 and QEW gets old pretty quick and really - how many birds are going to show up at your condo on the 40th floor overlooking a construction site in North York?  Yes getting back home did put the two lifestyles in perspective:

My road hazard today on the way to work out on the farm was sunshine in my eyes as the sun rose over the beautiful prairie .......
 
and my only traffic on the way home was this wonderful bird of prey who passed me by to land on a straw bale next to the road.  Yes I miss Toronto but you know I am pretty happy to live where I live and work where I work.  :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment