Turn your backyard into a bird feeding sanctuary and discover tranquility in your backyard.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Check out Alberta Birds Facebook group

One of the Facebook groups that I belong to is Alberta Birds.  It is a wonderful group, full of very active members.  Every day I get to see wonderful photographs of birds that people have seen in the wild or the backyard.

What is particularly good about the page is that I can get an idea of what birds are currently in the area and this helps me plan what sort of birdseed to put in my feeders.

For example, right now I am seeing quite a few postings on redpolls.  So that tells me that I should have my feeder full of seed that redpolls will enjoy.

The other great thing about Alberta Birds is that you are able to post a picture of a bird and get some help with identifying it. 

So check it out and get networked with some of the other active birders in Alberta.

--------------------
What to feed Redpolls:
Redpolls love our Mother Nature's Finch mix which has some of their favorite seeds including nyjer seed, fine-cut sunflower kernels, and canola seed. See our website for info on where to find our bird seed in Alberta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment